Thursday, September 17, 2009

13 ways of looking at Facebook

The story itself is interesting enough, but I'm intrigued by the way different institutions cover it.
Contrast this blog from a mainstream news outlet with this Reuters story, which was linked from this Slate evening aggregator. Mashable makes an interesting point: FB is so much more vast than Twitter, but if all you read was the last six momnths of news coverage, you would conclude that Twitter was far more important. Here's young advertising pundit on her own blog. While I was searching for more stuff, I found this interesting blog. I think it might be time to remind ourselves of this year's worst piece of social media journalism. But where would YOU go if you wanted to learn about this development? There is no right answer. What would you be looking for? What the heck: let's look at some TV coverage.


1 comment:

Sheila said...

I found these articles interesting, but feel I will appreciate them (whether in agreement or not), later in the class when we look at Facebook more carefully. I'm looking forward to that.