Saturday, November 18, 2006

ANONYMITY, PERSONAE, PSEUDOYNMS -- PART TWO

Dr. Crazy's comment thread led me to this blog with its "bizarre alias." Browse the blog a little -- it's quite engaging -- and ponder the role the alias plays in the the creation of all that is created. From her About Me:

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disgruntled grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar.

She too has pondered the pseudonym question. In fact, the academic blogs were kind of convulsed by a meme about it last winter.

No comments: